People might get offended by the bad jokes on domestic violence or the bad self-image we unknowingly created. Additional security measures, like how to delete Snapchat account, might be a better idea.Like other social accounts, it might turn into a bad distraction and become a risk to your online privacy, which might mean you might wish to deactivate your Snapchat account.Today, Snapchat has become a bigger threat to people’s privacy than expected. Snapchat even created an internal app that people call the SnapLion that was made to access private access information in reaction to law enforcement issues.It includes different things, from the person’s location data and saved images to private contact data.Former workers have reported that workers have abused the app to access private information due to personal reasons multiple times.This means that it has other departments that have to be used for other reasons beyond law enforcement, but there are also cases where workers managed to use SnapLion to access users’ saved pictures of personal data.If you have decided to deactivate your Snapchat account, here is how you do it:
Read More: Why Your Snapchat Won’t Open and How You Can Fix It
How to Delete Your Snapchat Account on Your Desktop Computer
- From the account settings, double-tap on My Account.
- Click on Account Security, and access your account from the platform.
- Enter the Snapchat login credentials to log in to the report.
- Enter your login information and go on from there.
After the Snapchat profile has been deleted, you have exactly one month to reactivate your Snapchat account. You have to log in to the Snapchat app with your login credentials within 30 days to attempt this.You might have to wait a while as sometimes it takes up to 24 hours to reactivate the account with your account data if you deactivate the account.
Read More: Snap Hacks: 5 Hidden Snapchat Hacks
How to Delete Your Snapchat Profile on Your Apple or Android Phone
- Open your app on Snapchat.
- Tap on the Snapchat avatar in the top left corner.
- Tap on the gear icon in the right corner of the top area.
- Please scroll down, and when you reach the Support Heading, search for the I Need Help section.
- We will direct you to the Snapchat support page. There should be a search area at the top part of the page. Key in ‘Delete’ and pick the first selection that pops up, and press it to get rid of your account.
- Tap on the link of the accounts portal.
- Now that you have reached the deletion page of Snapchat, we will temporarily deactivate the key in your login credentials and your account for 30 days. If you want to recover your account, log in before 30 days to cancel the deactivation.
Read More: Tips on How to Make Your Snapchat Dark Mode on Android
How Do You Permanently Get Rid of Your Snapchat Account
- Data that you wish to give
- Data that has been obtained when you use Snapchat
- Data that you receive from third-party platforms.
You can share this data with other people, brother companies or business partners with related parties when required by the law. You can also use it for private purposes. Moreover, you can also download your information or revoke any permissions to use the information at the expense of certain features.Not only Snapchat is a rather private platform, but it is also an insecure platform. Snapchat also does not use end-to-end encryption.
Why Should Snapchat Be Deleted
Cutting Down Anxiety Levels
Snapchat and stories might give a person anxiety, and so many friends add dozens of stories every day, and you are checking the app all day long, turning it into a chore.Sometimes you might go through 30 snap stories, close it, reopen it in one hour and get 20 extra stories.This is the wrong way to live. People are tired, and frankly, people don’t care about what their friends are posting 24/7 on their Snapchat.Suppose there was a notification that you could skim through every meaningless photo and video. It is rather overwhelming and rather frustrating, so why should you subject yourself to it.
One of the best parts of deleting Snapchat is that you get to live in the moment. You don’t have to snap every fun and exciting moment any longer. Believe this or not, there is a good thing about keeping things to yourself, and you can document all your precious moments in your brain, not in your Snapchat.It becomes fun when you have to snap something else, and there is less fun when you are at a social gathering where you constantly need to take pictures and other videos, even if you do not know what it was at the point in time. It becomes tiring after a while.
Improving Your Relationships
Is it choosing a snap story over talking to people personally? That’s a poor level of communication, and without Snapchat, your conversations mean more. Don’t keep snapping everything; it is a bad culture and communication breakdown.
There are a lot of privacy and security risks on Snapchat and other social media platforms. It might be better if you cut it down to a minimum.Feel ready to get rid of Snapchat? Follow our guide, and welcome back to reality!